LOOKING AFTER THE FAMILY – LOOKING AFTER ME
A seven week programme to support parents who may find it difficult to cope running a home. An element of cookery is built into each class to encourage attendance. Two tutors will deliver each session to support the skills of the participant and their ability to cope with their situation. There are separate handouts from various agencies e.g. MABS and HSE to supplement classes. Classes will always include a cookery session and a discussion. A number of topics will be offered to participants so that they choose the class content.
Class 1 – Easy home management and cooking
- Welcome Introductions Paperwork
- Overview of six sessions.
- Filing documents in the home
- Home budgeting
- Chilli con Carne Soup
- Chicken Curry and Boiled Rice
Class 2 – Cleaning and maintenance
- Hygiene in the home, Cleaning Agents, Home Safety, Food and mood,
- Smoky Pea and Onion Quorn
Class 3 – Food Health
- Relaxation, Dealing with stress,
- Childcare, Ideal weight for children.
- Ideas for lunches, soups and lunch boxes.
- Simple Bean Curry,
- Vegetable Soup,
- Stir-Fry Noodles
Class 4 – Food Hygiene
- Convenience foods, diet behaviour and learning in children. Using leftovers.
- Breakfast ideas.
- Pan Fried Quesadillas
Class 5 – Consumers/Shopping
- Field trip to the shops.
- How to shop smart.
- Three Minute Mug Cake
Class 6 – First Aid
- Laundry and clothes care.
- Diet linked to feelings.
- Pot Luck Frittata
Class 7 – Conserving Energy
- Ways to save money by being aware of energy waste.
- Cheats Chicken and Leek in a creamy sauce